We often receive hundreds of resumes in response to open positions. If
you have submitted your resume and not heard back from us, please know
we are working through our backlog and will contact those candidates
most qualified for open positions first.
Working at OSAF
OSAF is a unique organization dedicated to the creation and widespread
adoption of open source application software. Working at OSAF is exciting,
challenging and fun. We offer very
competitive salaries, a stellar benefits package, 20 PTO days per year
and a great work environment. Employees are welcome to bring
to our canine friendly space and on any given day you can expect to be
greeted by a dog or two.
We do have the following positions currently open here in San Francisco.
To apply for these positions at OSAF, please send the
following information to us at: email@example.com:
- Desired position
- Best way to contact you
- Business Strategy and Development
Business Strategy and Development
Looking for a job where you can use your business skills to make the world a better place? OSAF is a non-profit developing next-generation inter-personal information management software. We are a part of a group of high-profile non-profits in the San Francisco area that focus on technology and social good, including Creative Commons, Kapor Enterprises, and the Level Playing Field Institute (www.creativecommons.org, www.kei.com, www.lpfi.org).
We're looking for someone to lead the effort to develop the business model that will sustain OSAF financially while maintaining our mission and values. You will identify promising business directions, evaluating options with the management team. You will bring sound business judgment to OSAF's strategic decisions, becoming a key member of OSAF's management team.
- Create a revenue model for a sustainable non-profit organization creating open source software.
- Conduct market research around OSAF's target user profiles. Develop a market segmentation for OSAF's products and validate demand.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering on the product plan to meet both design and sustainability goals.
- Develop partner relationships; help grow user community.
- Enthusiasm for open source software projects; excitement about innovative business models and non-traditional organizations.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical ability.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self initiative and drive for a quality, thorough solution.
- Comfortable working collaboratively in an agreement seeking culture.
- Expertise in balancing technical, functional, and business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with PIM space helpful.
- Experience with developing/launching a web site/web service helpful.
- 7+ years of software product management or marketing experience.
- Undergraduate business or technical degree with an MBA preferred, or equivalent.